I want to be the prime minister of Pakistan

kandwal
nine stars
nine stars

I want to be the prime minister of Pakistan

Post by kandwal »

#Mystory

My Dream.

"I want to be the prime minister of Pakistan, or maybe the secretary general of the United Nations” I said, 5 years ago, as the entire class along with the teacher laughed. I continued speaking as that laughter turned into irritating giggles and eventually stopped. The topic of our speech was ‘my dream’ and that was the first ‘honest’ speech I gave and it made me realize that the world will laugh on honesty, it will laugh on your dreams and it will laugh on you. You have two options, either you laugh along or you slowly turn their laughter’s into giggles eventually stopping them and turning them into gossips.

I went to MUNs and in no time I had people laughing at me because I was 12 years of age and telling me to go sit at the back and wait until the draft resolution was ready. ‘Dheet’ as they call me, I kept standing and made sure my voice was heard. That journey transformed me from an ‘Aww cute and immature’ type of a delegate to the ‘most annoying delegate’ and honestly, that transformation sure was quick and fun.

A year passed and I was finally 13, I had the dream of the first ever junior Model United Nations in Pakistan. I went to some people to share my idea and I got laughed at ‘again.’ But let’s not forget how ‘dheet’ I was, I went to some more people who supported me and my 'Unrealistic dreams' as they refer to it. Now with their support and of course my Dheet'ness' my very first dream came true.

I like when people laugh at me, it makes me feel important. It should make everyone out there feel important. When you are being laughed at, you are actually being envied. Their prejudiced laughter’s won’t stop me, they shouldn’t stop you.

-Haneen Azhar